Thursday, December 10, 2009

Vampires' Month? New Moon, Vampire Academy & House Of Night.

I watched New Moon on last Tuesday and rated it 6.5 out of 10 stars. This movie focused on werewolves whereas the 1st movie focused on vampires. The movie is a little bit...erm.. I don't know... Lack of actions, I think this movie is more into child play..Hehehehe.. Not my cup of tea.. I like violence!! Grrr Arggghhh!! But I can't compare it to movies like Underworld, it will be unfair as I can see this type of movie is a mild movie, if you can get what I mean... I mean it's suitable for young people to watch. But despite of lack of violence.... I love Jacob's body!!! Gosh~ Awesome!!! *drool* Oh & yes I love it that the werewolves are huge!!!! Feel like want to pet one if I meet it!! LOL..


Ok, this is a novel series called Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, I bought it last November, but just read it this month. I rated this novel 8 out of 10 stars.This novel is definitely worth to read. Why? Because in this novel series, the vampires are divided into 2 groups, the Moroi & the Strigoi & another group known as Dhampir... Confuse? Beware I will reveal some spoiler here, so if you think you want to read without spoiler..STOP READING RIGHT NOW... Ok, the Moroi are mortal vampires & Strigoi are immortal vampires, while Dhampir are the reproduce of between humans & Moroi. So in this novel, the Dhampir act as a guardian (but not all Dhampir will act as guardian) to the Moroi.. Means the Dhampir become bodyguards of Moroi. Why? Because they are in constant threat...of the Strigoi... Why? Because Strigoi are the bad vampires who gone astray & become immortal.. Well the Strigoi actually can be from Moroi or human... Oh my you better read it if you want to know rest of the story.. I'll definitely buy the sequels :) there are 3 more to buy!!! *sigh*


This is another novel that I read between late November & early December. A House Of Night Novel book 1 called Marked. The authors of the novels are mother & daughter P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. I rated this book 8 out of 10 stars. This book is also about vampire. Same as Vampire Academy, this book has it own unique story. In this novel series, the vampire can be marked or imprinted... Which is already unique, because vampires usually created by imprinted (blood sucking ritual?) but in this book vampires can be created by Marked! BEWARE, CONTAIN SPOILER, SO STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE SPOILER.. The person who get marked will get a visible marked on their forehead after being cursed by a vampire (yup by cursing, the person will become a vampire). Yes, visible marked, I mean it literally. Whenever a person get marked, they will need to attend the House of Night, think of it as a vampire school during night. I know about this novel when I was visiting Janah's blog. Thanks darl ;)

No comments: