Sunday, April 1, 2012

JUSG #130 - Zipper!

Hello everyone. I made another card last night & finished it off this morning. I absolutely love the outcome!

Before that, I want to share a short story in the process of making this card.

I was bored because dear hubby was out participating the EarthHour event. So, I took my ink, stamps, embossing powder, embossing heat tool & sat down on the floor (I always sit down on the floor as I don't have a proper place to craft! Lol!). I stamped quietly, while Sarah was watching some cartoon. When I switched on the embossing heat tool, Sarah was going near me squatting & watched what was I doing! Lol! Then I told her not to touch the heat tool & kept saying to her 'It's hot. Don't touch ok?'

She replied while pointing at the heat tool 'Hot? Yes? Hot?' & nodding her head to acknowledge it! 

After I had done all the necessary embossing, she took it (the embossed images) one by one & inspected it. While inspecting it, she said every single thing I embossed was 'Pretty!' Lol!~ She's so adorable!!

Ok now move on to my card. I was looking at 'Just US Girls' Challenge #130, it's about using zipper! It's really interesting! So I decided to make one! This was my first time submitting for JUSG :)  My only problem is I don't have zipper that I want! So, I brought along my daughter & my maid to shop at a haberdashery! :D I found what I want! 


A close-up.
I cut the zipper & stick it on the lower part of mannequin to make it look like a skirt! :)


Thanks for looking :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Maya, that is so clever! I have a black skirt that looks exactly like that...I love how the zipper looks like pleats! And I'm glad your little one didn't touch the heat embossing tool :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is so creative! That zipper dress is amazing!

Maria Levine said...

That's wonderful! So creative! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week!

Elise said...

MAYA!!!! I love THIS! YOU are SO clever, and I love, love, love your BLOG! Thank you for TRULY understanding the premise - your work is FUN and jaw dropping! I feel inspired all over again! I am BEYOND thrilled that you shared your wonderful talent with Just Us Girls!

Chris Powell said...

So clever the dress is a great touch
Chris