Friday, May 17, 2013

FSFS May Challenge - Handmade Fabric Flowers

Hello everyone!! Here I am going to share with you my latest layout for FSFS' May 2013 Challenge - Handmade Fabric Flowers. For this month challenge, we have a Guest DT, Lean De Ruiter She chose this month theme. I'm grateful that Lean agreed to be our Guest DT of this month. Go to her blog to see more of her wonderful creation. :)

Before I share with you my latest layout, I want to show you my handmade flowers. I made this flowers from organza. I cut it out freehand the gold organza & die cut the maroon organza. Do you want me to do the tutorial? It's very simple though.



This is my take on May 2013-Handmade Fabric Flower Challenge.


I used Graphic45 new collection!! The Secret Garden! They are sooooo beautiful!! I never made this kind of layout. I'm not so good in layering, so this one is kind of my first time to layer it. I chose 3 flowers & attached it near the picture. Amazingly, I enjoyed the process cutting all those intricate details!! Yup the frame of the layouts, the flowers & cages are from a piece of pp. Aren't they beautiful?? I simply love this collection. Actually I'm intimidated by these details like Webster's Pages, but I try to overcome it. Here is the result!! Simply loving it! The title plate is a diecut using Tim Holtz, I sticked the alphas stickers from Fancy Pants Designs, I stamped & cut the cute pink butterfly using Maya Road & put pearls, blings & a small mulberry flower on it.


A close up look of the handmade flowers. This is my first time using the technique to create the fabric flowers.

So what do you think?

Don't forget to join our challenge as there'll be a Gift Voucher BND$20 from Jadyn's Arts N Craft for the winner (local & international winner). Also don't forget to try for our DT Call that I keep open until we have enough members :)

Thanks for looking. Have a nice weekend. :) 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sylv said...

Fabulous layout, love the colours and wonderful hand made flowers.

Sylv xx

Jan Ltc said...

FABULOUS xx Jan