Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Buried Treasure 2013 (by Seth Apter)

Hello everyone~ Good morning! Today is Wednesday & this will be a quick post from me (I hope! Lol!). As I told you last time that I want to be a part of the Buried Treasure Event 2013 by Seth Apter, today I'm going to share you two of my favourite posts. This is my first time to participate this kind of event.

1st one is a book binding. This book is a dowry book that I made for my youngest sister back in 2009. This book will be presented to the groom side with lists of things that the bride side want. Actually, it was a new trend during that time to use book! Before, the groom representative just read it on a piece of paper & gave it to the bride representative. But nowadays, I see people use book for this purpose. I think the reason for this is to make it more meaningful & easier to find it? As if a piece of paper tend to get lost rather than a book, right?? Lol!

If you want to read my previous post about this book click here.


2nd one is about my handmade tags!! I totally love these handmade tags of mine!! I made these last year for a challenge. More information about these tag, you can read this post.


So what do you think of my book & tags?? I definitely will make more books, it's been a while I didn't make it. Sigh... Those tags, I'm going to make more beautiful ones! Just wish I have plenty of time. Ok I need to go to work!! 

Thanks for dropping by ;)

P/s: Don't forget to let me know that you drop by here, so that I can visit your blog too ;)


Photobucket

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Maya popping on over from Seth's blog..beautiful elegant projects..love your dowry book what a great idea and bet it is now a treasured keepsake for your sister!
As for your tags woohoo gorgeous they are..ahhh if only we didn't have to work.
Glad I found you.
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Cathee said...

Love your pretty blog!

Meme said...

Maya what wonderful treasures you have shared! Both are beautiful!

Chris / CS Designs said...

Maya, Just visiting from Seth's Buried Treasure project and love both your treasures, especially your beautiful hand bound dowry book. It is a wonderful and loving memento which I am sure will be cherished by both your sister and her new husband.
I also enjoyed the rest of your blog and seeing all the pictures and your lovely scrapbook pages. I have also become a follower of your blog both on Google and Bloglovin'.
:) Chris / CS Designs