Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Resilient Award - My Inspiration for Stamping Dragons Den.

Hi & Assalamualaikum all. Today I'm going to share a digital layout that I made for Stamping Dragons Den for inspiration. As a part of the SDD DT we are required to make something every month for the challenge blog & create something for the sister's blog. As today is my turn, I decided to make a digital layout as my first inspiration.

Resilient Award



I really love this picture of us together & decided to digital scrap it! :)

The items that I used here are:
(Both Rustic & Pastel Swirl kits are no longer available at SDD but you still can find it at  CUP).
Except the frame & vintage flowers I got free from the internet (sorry I couldn't remember from which websites).

Ok, to tell you the truth, I totally didn't expect my first daughter to get an award! I'm not saying that it's impossible but I'm being realistic :) I know my children ability (for me she's a good kid which is wonderful to me already). I was picking up my daughter from school (usually my husband pick her up as I'm a teacher, I can't go out all the time, I'm sure you understand that.). Ok, I find it hard to tell the conversation by telling it as a 3rd party! So I just try to remember our conversation & tada~ TM stands for Teacher Maureen & M stands for Maya (yes, that's me).

TM: 'When is our slot for the PTM?'
M: 'It's in the morning, teacher.'
TM: 'Oh, can we change it into afternoon?'
M: 'Why teacher?'
TM: 'Maisarah got an award, so it's better for the meeting in the afternoon too, after that there'll be an award presentation.'
M: 'Really? What award did she get?'
TM: 'Resilient Award.'
M: 'What is that?' (I know what resilient means but I have to ask just to make sure! Lol!)
TM: 'It's means she's hardworking & never give up.'
M: 'Wow! Good job!' *kiss my girl*

So on Friday, we met the teacher at 2.15 pm in her classroom. I asked Teacher Maureen, how do the teachers decide which kids got the award? She explained every term, there'll be 2 kids from each class to get the award. For every term, the kids will be different. I find it's a very good idea, so the kids will be feeling appreciated & humble at the same time. I mean what's the point if the same kid get the award for every term? I'm glad that Maisarah got this Resilient Award. I'm so proud of her when her teacher said, when she was given a task, she'll make it until she can really do it which means 'never give up'. I hope she'll apply 'never give up' term in her real life when she's grown. May Allah bless my children.

So here is the story behind this beautiful picture of us together. So here is the beautiful layout I created especially for this beautiful reason :)

If you have create a digital layout using SDD collection, please do share with us. I'm sure many of you can create beautiful layouts than me. :)

Thanks for looking.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Delightful picture and story!